Friday, May 23, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle... (part 1)

... concrete jungle, that is.  Well, I am a naughty girl and forgot to post last week, so this will be one of two, in case you were thrown off by the title.  But in true Hollywood fashion, I am going to leave you hanging in suspense until tomorrow for part 2.  

Part 1: My First Week
The first week at Key Club was great.  A slow start at first, with a great finish.  I am handling a few different projects, including making sure the current acts are on the Jumbotron (big flashing TV screens that advertise for us as well as others) outside of the club.  This was my biggest accomplishment for the week, believe it or not it is a pretty big responsibility to be handed in the first week.  I also got to search for press clippings for the club as well as some of the bigger events we've had, which turned out to be a lot of fun because it gives me some back story to some of the great shows we've hosted.  

It is hard to believe that a little over a month ago, I was barely aware of the Key Club's existence... as far as I knew, it was an exclusive honor society that my sister applied to in high school (lame, I know... not my sister, my lack of knowledge).  But now I am working for a club that is so notable that my very first day, there was a photo shoot outside the club for JVC car stereos featuring our weekly, Monday night band, Steel Panther (formerly Metal Skool), to be run in Spin Magazine.  That quickly enlightened me as to just how important this club is.

We explored just a little, enough to have seen the outdoor mall that is within (long) walking distance of the apartments.  Let me tell you.....   To Be Continued....  (don't you just hate that?!)

~Traci

No comments: