Saturday, May 31, 2008

It STARTS!!!

Hey ya'll....
Sorry it's taken me so long to start blogging but I've not only been extremely busy, but I just couldn't figure out how to log on to this thing.  But now that I've figured it out, here we go!   This experience has been amazing and I am only a few weeks into it.  For the first week, I started off in the office, (doing paper work) working with Rowdy Records Production Manager/A & R, Kim Smith. On my first day working there, she asked me if I had any music she wanted me to look at and shop and I said (Excuse My Excitement)," HELL YEAH!  Right after that, I stepped out of the room and nearly ran into Dallas Austin himself.  He laughed and then Kim introduced us.  I nearly fainted (not really, but it felt like it).  Working under the A & R for the first week taught me A LOT!.  For all of you who don't think they even bother listening to your songs........ THEY DO!  And for those of you who don't think presentation matters..... IT DOES!  I can't tell you how many CD's I threw away just because the handwriting was sloppy.  Buuuuuuut N E WAY, on to the good stuff.
  The following week, I started working in the studio.  I started off cleaning and getting food (the usual intern stuff), but now, they allow me to sit in sessions and even engineer some.   Don't get me wrong, I still clean.  But now, I've figured how to get my duties done so that when it's time for a session, I've done all my work.  
This past week, Dallas Austin had a show in Atlanta (he's coming out with an album) and it was phenomenal. I mean this is the kind of thing that nobody has ever seen before.  It is so innovative that the stuff that goes on in music now seems about 30 years behind.  It's incredible.  I wish I could spill more beans but we're sworn to secrecy at DARP. 
Well, I'm beyond tired and I haven't been able to practice much so I figure right now would be a good time to practice, and then sleep.  And oh yeah, This Georgia heat, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like until today.  Can we say 90 degrees and it's not even summer yet.  WHEEEW!
 

No comments: