Saturday, May 24, 2008

What a couple of weeks.

Jon Johnson again, and what a first couple of weeks this has been in LA. So far, my experience at The Firm has been great. Everyone is nice, and it's generally a pretty laid back environment, which is completely different from what I expected coming into this internship.

Generally, Coop and I do the same tasks everyday at The Firm, but sometimes we're given special jobs. During my first week, I was able to cover for an assistant, which interns usually aren't able to do during their first week. That was definitely an interesting experience, receiving calls from people you've actually seen on TV.

My second week, which we've just wrapped up, has been just as fun and interesting as the first. I've gotten to meet several of the managers, and have gotten to know several of the assistants very well. Not only that, but I got free stuff, and free stuff is always great. Especially when one of the free things is a pair of Christian Audigier jeans. Which I got just by doing a routine mail sweep around the office, and being at the right place at the right time.


Later in the week, Coop and I had to go on a run to get food for Snoop Dogg. I don't think either of us had run so fast to get food in our lives, but the chance to see Snoop was good motivation. I wasn't able to meet him, but seeing him was pretty surreal.

What a couple of weeks it's been in LA. I can only hope the next months will be just as fun.

No comments: