Tuesday, August 5, 2008

.....eh

The past week has definitely been an interesting one, to say the least.

If there is one thing that anyone should know before coming to LA to intern, it's that you should be prepared to WORK. If you don't dedicate yourself to the internship, then there is no reason to even come out here. I'm not saying you can't have fun. Some weekends out here have been very action packed and exciting for me, and the rest of the interns. Just be prepared to focus during the week, and keep your mind on the goal at hand.

This past week, I was able to walk into Snoop Dogg's manager's office and hang out for awhile. I was given the opportunity to listen in on calls, and ask for advice from Snoop's manager on becoming a better, more prepared person myself.

When you're a manager at the level that Snoop's is, you'll always be working. That is something that I've noticed while working at The Firm. I honestly don't know how some of them keep on top of things. There are so many people that need daily correspondence, and it seems like half of a manager's day is playing phone tag. Not to mention, the added stress of everyone else who calls in, with other concerns.

I loved the experience, and I was also given the opportunity to come back again sometime this week, which I definitley won't pass up.

Currently, I'm covering the desk of one of the busier assistants at The Firm. The manager I am working with is at the head of the music division. So he is in charge of a lot of different things; not to mention his own expansive client list. My experience of covering this desk has definitely given me my own share of lumps, but at the same time, I'm still even more eager to take on the challenge.

I honestly hope that everyone at McNally, and perspective students alike, are able to one day come out to LA and see what the heart of the music business is like. I have enjoyed almost every moment out here, and I'm torn about coming back to MN. I've got a few weeks left, and I'm looking to make the most of them.

Stay tuned-I still need to tell you all about the business that me and a few others are working on.

No comments: