Friday, August 8, 2008

Maurice Champion - Urban Network (Los Angels) - Music Business - Wrapping Things Up Pt.1

On Wednesday August 6, 2008, the place to be was The House of Blues in Hollywood. As one of the nine interns in California I attended with gratitude towards The Urban Network and most importantly Miller London. I arrived with Cole Hendricks and Munya to the famous House of Blues. I had the experience to visit the performance room with the stage and it was incredible from observing the antique wood to the classic photo's of world renowned rock stars. I made my way up some stairs greeting those who I knew and didn't know. There were tons of people in attendance from successful companies in the music industry. The party started off with some light mingling amongst your peers and others. Then we kicked the party off with presentations from the interns presenting a plaque to their mentor of the company. After expressing my words of gratitude I was shockingly surprised by the staff at The Urban Network with my own cover on The Urban Network Magazine. I was smiling so HARD receiving my plaque. I wish I had the photo's to show you guys but I'm sure you'll see them posted soon. After all the presentations were done. It was time to do some more networking. I was able to get some contacts to some people that cam open more doors for me and what I'm doing. This party was very very cool. I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere in the building. Everything went smoothly until I had to...........................TO BE CONTINUED


Stay tuned! Sunday @ 7:00 I Will Post Part 2 of "Wrapping Things Up"

No comments: