Tuesday, August 5, 2008

ZIMBABWE TO LA, AN INTERNATIONAL INTERN STORY SO FAR pt 4






Hey guys

Well I have to say the last week has been quite eventful and a busy time for me, for we are getting to the end of this long journey here in LA.

Last week began with a sudden shake up to the city of LA with an earthquake happening at the beginning of the week. I was at work sitting on my desk when all of a sudden our room was shaking and moving side to side. I quickly went underneath the table and Maurice did the same as well, as our whole building was moving. This was just another crazy experience to be in, but to some a first time. To me this was just another adds, to my many earthquake experiences I have had in my lifetime but been in while since I have felt one and I must say it did give me a little shake up. Being in this earthquake reminded me of the days I was I lived in Japan, an about 13 years ago I experienced one of the most devastating earthquakes of all time in 1995 when an earthquake struck in Japan in the city of Kobe. Now this was a life and death situation but luckily at that time we had just moved to the city of Tokyo but the earth quake was so powerful that the after shock’s were able to reach Tokyo.

On Thursday we had a half day at work but returned to work later on that night at 9:00pm for an all night of working hard and pushing ourselves to reach certain goals that Warren wanted us to achieve by the end of the night or should I say beginning of the morning. Yet again this was quite an experience, but hard working as well, really hard. But a lot of work was done and to; all social networking sites, invites for the upcoming marketing entertainment summit it Houston Texas and packaging of magazines. We did it all, but at the same time it was fun and tiring too. We got done around 5am and It was back at the apartment for a little nap, and before you know it I was once again up at 8am and ready to get back in the office around 10am. We had to get in early to attend a meeting at noon at SESAC that day. So Tracey kindly gave us a ride to work that morning and we were in the office just in time to meet up with and Jayson another intern that interns with us from MI and Warren to head down to the SESAC offices in St Monica.

The reason for this meeting was for the marketing campaign that Maurice and I are involved, and we had to shoot some footage for the promo video that Maurice has been working on for most of the summer. Being at SESAC was an honor indeed; it just felt so great to be at this organization were songwriters and publishers license there songs and music. In addition of being there we were able to meet with the senior director, writer and publisher relations Mr. James Leach. It was such wonderful pleasures too meet and chat with Mr. Leach who’s has been with SESAC for many years and around the music industry for as well. The man had a few words to say about certain things we discussed and just before we left Mr. Leach gave us some really good words of encouragement and advice to Maurice and I. It was truly something to take in and hear these great words from him. After spending sometime at SESAC we headed back home and all I wanted to do was sleep the rest of the day.

This past weekend was my last weekend out here in LA and I wont lie I really wanted to make the most of it, and there’s no other place I’d rather be at than the beach on the last weekend. So a couple of friend’s of mine and I headed down to Manhattan Beach for the day to watch the huge Volleyball Tournament that was being held on the one side of the pier. The Beach was ridiculously packed with people and there was no chance of walking on the beach, but we made a plan and were able to park some were and watch the games being played. The day went on and turned into an eventful night of hanging out with random people that we met by the beach. On Sunday the day began early and getting prepared for Debbie’s arrival to the apartment. Debbie, Charley, Warren, Ashley and Israil all came by for a visit and hang out and to talk about our wrap up party on Wednesday night, on specific things we shall be expecting to happen. The afternoon went on very smoothly and relaxing, with hotdogs and salads and just socializing time. Later on that day around 5 Cole and I headed down to Venice Beach, for I hadn’t been there yet and there was no way that I was going to leave LA without seeing this place. Cole and I just took a walk down the side of the road to see various activities that people will be doing. The beach is very entertaining and full many cultures and tourists walking by and admiring the area. It was actually a good time to be at he Venice because at that point in time the sun was setting and we lucky to see it. I was told before I came to LA that you have to see the sunset at Venice beach for it’s the most incredible thing to see and it truly was.

Well the final week is finally here and it’s hard to believe it, but it’s true so much drama, action, love and laughter has happened out here in LA. For some its going to be hard to leave behind what they have created but not goodbye, but others its been a opening gate for new things in life, but I think to all of us its, defiantly been worth it. So I say this to all the other Interns congratulations!! On a job well done and make most of these last few days or weeks form some and make them count, for you only live once to tell a great story.

Munya

No comments: