Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Traci @ Key Club, LA-- Music Business: Busy Busy Bee

Hello all!

I know you have been anxiously waiting for parts 2 & 3 of the previous blog, so I will shoot them off back to back today!

When last I wrote, I had told you about the hectic event week at Key Club.  The week that followed (July 28-August 3) was a little busy, but a little quieter.  We had Oakley come in and kick off the X-Games with a star-studded private party that was a smash!  We also had radio stations in, KLOS and KLSX, for daytime live broadcasts, which is something we do occasionally.  

KLSX was hosting a Battle of the Bands to find bands to play at...I believe it was the station's birthday party, or summer bash.  It ran until early afternoon and ended with one of the host getting "kidnapped" by some of the fans.  One of the many fun things about that was that for lunch, all of us from the office got to order food from the club restaurant and had the option to see some of the bands while eating.  I have to say, between having to sample the appetizers for the L'Oreal show (a request made by our executive chef so that I would know what I was serving, not just me stealing food...), and having lunch I have to say, our food is fantastic!  Plus it is a lot of fun to watch the bands from up in the mezzanine section where our restaurant is located. 

KLOS had a live morning show broadcast with Foreigner as a special guest for which they had a radio giveaway for tickets.  Foreigner was in town for a concert later that night or the next night, so this was kind of a special day.  It was finishing up when I got in that morning, but as far as I know there were no complications.  

Those were the work highlights of the week.  Over the weekend, the McNally "Team" (Debbie, Isreal, Sarah, Zach Taylor, Harry and Alice, and Chris Osgood (no, not the goalie)) came out for the annual Summer Wrap Party, which I will discuss in the next blog.  The interns hosted a little BBQ for our meeting at Meadows about the party with Debbie, Charley, Isreal, Ashley, and Warren as our guests.  Except for a little problem with the grill (no fires, I promise), it went well and everyone left full... hopefully.  

So that was pretty much that week.  Now, on to last week.... can you handle the suspense?

Peace, 
Traci

No comments: