Monday, August 18, 2008

Jon Johnson - The Firm - Beverly Hills: 2 days left

It's weird to think that I only have 2 more days left at The Firm. All of the great people I have met and had the opportunity to learn from, and all of the fun experiences I've had with my fellow interns and mailroom staff.

This past week was mostly filled with desk coverage. From about the last forth of Tuesday through Friday, I filled in for an assistant who had been injured. The experience was unique compared to all other opportunities to cover desks. It went fairly well on Tuesday and Friday, okay on Wednesday, but if I had the chance, I would definitely take back Thursday. But that is all behind me, and I can only take it as a learning experience, which is what it was.

I really can't complain at all about the opportunities I've been given at The Firm, I have had more desk coverage than any other intern, or trainee (paid employees) has had during my stay. Each time I have sat on a desk, I've learned something useful, whether it be directly about the music business, or something about myself.

I pretty sure I've stated this before on my blog, but if I haven't, even better. Every McNally student with some ambition to do something in the music business needs to come out to Los Angeles. The pace is just so much faster than anything I've ever experienced in the Twin Cities.

Stay tuned for next week. I'll probably split up my blog into two or three parts like my fellow bloggers. I know I don't ever disclose too much on this blog, and so I might just be a little more personal about what I've actually done out here in LA.

Maybe

No comments: