Monday, August 4, 2008

Maurice Champion - Urban Network (Los Angels) - Music Business - Grinding To The Sun Come Up

This past week has been very busy in the offices of The Urban Network. On Thursday, July 31, 2008, Munya and I worked a half a day leaving at noon to come back to the office at 9:00 that night. Yes I said it, 9:00 pm. Along with two (2) other interns we worked from nine (9) pm to four (4) am on various assignments. Blasting promotional invites and flyers and boosting myspace activity were some of things we did that night. This was fun but also a tool to relieve you from deviating from the work that you have been assigned to. I had my head phones on playing music "grinding it out" to reach the goals that we had to meet.

After leaving the office at 4:00, I made it home with just enough to catch three(3) and a half hours of sleep before heading to the office that Friday morning to attend this meeting with James Leach, Sr. Director, Writer Publisher Relations for SESAC (performing rights society). Arriving at the SESAC California office, we were greeted by an assistant offering beverages , "Would you like a water or apple juice?". "I'll take a apple juice please!", was my rebuttal. She returned with a Juicy Juice small carton that you use to pack in your lunch in elementary LOL. I'm not going to lie the juice was very good. James arrived shortly and we soon began our meeting discussing some details about some ideas that we would like him to be apart of for The Urban Network.

Today I finished R&B artist Chaz promo video. I see the growth in video editing each time I edit some film. I hope Miller (CEO, The Urban Network)enjoy the video as much as me. So far he has liked all my videos. That's great coming from especially when I just started editing prior to me coming to California. One (1) video down and two(2) more to go. As my internship at The Urban Network approaches the end, the things I've learned are being revealed and coming to fruition.


Much Love
Maurice C.

No comments: