Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jon Johnson - The Firm - Beverly Hills: New Phone

Wow, it's almost over. It's almost surreal to think of all the time I've spent working at The Firm. Quite a bit has happened over the past week, and I'll try and get into everything...

Over the last weekend I had lost my phone, and I was unable to find it during the week. This meant I couldn't make or receive any calls, making it a tough week to communicate with people. I was able to get a new phone on Friday night, (thank God) but there is one problem, I lost all of my numbers. So, I invite everyone to join my new facebook group, and post up their numbers. I will post that link soon.

For a good portion of the week (Mon - Thurs) I was covering a desk for the assistant to the President of the music division over at The Firm. That was by far my biggest challenge yet when it came to covering desks for others.

Now I have covered plenty of desks in the past, but nothing prepared me for the challenge of covering this particular desk. First off, this desk is insanely busy, calls just keep coming in, so you have to keep on your toes and be prepared. Secondly, this desk requires hours, at least 11 hours everyday. Oh, and you can't leave the desk. During this desk coverage, I ran into some situations that I believe could have compromised my status as an intern for The Firm, but thanks to the help of those around me, I was able to get through these situations just learning valuable lessons.

The intern wrap-up party on Wednesday was very enjoyable, I was able to thank those around me at The Firm who had helped me so much throughout my internship. I don't want to spend too much time on it though, because it seems like everyone else had covered it as well.

Later during the week I saw a couple of fellow interns take off. Moe, Munya, It was great to be able to hang out with the both of you. I hope that you both enjoyed your stays out here, and I can't wait to see you both back at McNally Smith.

Only a couple of weeks left, the 24th is approaching.....

No comments: