Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Traci @ Key Club, LA-- Music Business: Its so hard to say Goodbye...

Hey all,

Last week held my last two days at Key Club, which means this is my final post for the summer of 2008.  

I know it is common to ease out of work in your last few days, but I kept going strong.  We had a busy week for Jumbotron ads, where normally we might have 2 or 3, this week we had 5... I know it is only 2 more, but it still is a lot for just one week of ads.  I spent most of Monday organizing those and updating the ad schedule.  I also did some demo listening for Carrie.  

Tuesday was my last day, so there was actually a decent amount of things I was asked to do before I walked out the door.  I started off the day finishing the demos for Carrie, sending out the last few Jumbotron ads from the day before, and researching/photocopying press pieces for Zach in PR.  Hollie and Kerry took me out to a farewell lunch at Rainbow, which was a lot of fun, and I learned that I need to stay more up-to-date on current events.  After that, I had just a couple of things to do, and then I said my goodbyes.  

I learned a lot from the people at Key Club.  It was a great environment, and since it is so small, you really get used to seeing those people everyday.  We will hopefully stay in contact and work together in some way or other down the line.  

The reason Tuesday was my last day is because I have decided to stay in L.A. and continue to pursue my career.  Since the job hunt is on now, we thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a little extra time to look, as there are currently no openings at Key Club.  This summer offered an amazing journey from student to young professional... one I hope you (students) all get to experience.  A big thank you goes out to all those involved, and to you for reading.  

Until we meet again,
Traci Larsen, Music Business & Vocal Performance
Key Club, Summer 2008

No comments: