Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Traci @ Key Club, LA-- Music Business: and now, the conclusion of our episode....


Hey all!

I don't know if you noticed, but I have tried to have a running TV/Hollywood theme throughout most of my posts... because we're in L.A...... moving on.  

The last of this little mini-series of late posts is from last week, which essentially revolved around... WRAP PARTY! (yet another reason for my attempt of a TV theme) The photo to the right was my Hollywood look of the evening, and since we were asked to adhere to the strict rules about cameras at the House of Blues, the only one I have.  However, there was a professional photographer there, so the school should have some soon.   

The summer wrap party was in the Foundation Room at House of Blues, which was beautiful, and was attached to a large patio.  The venue was great, and you should all go at least once while you are here... but not until after you go to Key Club...

The night was great, getting to mingle with your mentors, peers, and alumni, as well as other professionals in the industry, and if you are lucky you walk away with a few new contacts and friends.  We had presentations to our mentors about half-way through the evening, thanking them for everything they have done for us throughout the summer and presenting them with certificates/plaques.  All of the guests at the party also got these really cool, artsy pins with the McNally Smith logo.  There was food and drink and great conversation.  I could have gone all night long talking with some of the great people I got to meet.  I also got to catch up with some of the people I met at the L.A. Women in Music event I went to, including Michael (the guitarist), and Leanne, the president of the organization.  It was a fantastic night filled with great experiences.  I was sad to see it end... or to see them cleaning up around us as we stayed after we were supposed to, still talking.  

The next day, Zach and I went to Venice beach in the early evening to walk on the beach and have dinner before he had to head back to the airport.  It was wonderful getting to see him out for the party, and start making plans for his L.A. internship.  We had dinner at C&O Trattoria at the beach, which is a delicious Italian restaurant. 

So that you are not confused, I did work as usual during this week, but I figured you would want to know about the party....  

Peace,
Traci

No comments: