Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cole Hendricks - Recording Technology - Studio Atlantis - Los Angeles

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. I have been crazy busy between my internship at Studio Atlantis and my job at House of Blues. I just recently also got my car and let me tell you, a car in LA makes things way better.

My internship at Studio Atlantis is going along. I have been sticking to my daily routines and getting to know the staff a bit more.

House of Blues is going along great as usual. This job has turned out to be such a huge benefit to me, with me learning everything there is to learn about live sound and production behind high profile shows. One thing I have really built upon for my skills is dealing with musicians and clients. Live Sound really tests your skills when under heavy pressure and when the time is ticking. Having to get the opening bands gear setup, the microphones in place, and the lines checked within 10 minutes to the doors opening is really an adrenaline rush and when mistakes can't be made. This job has allowed me to network and open many other doors as well. I am very happy to be at House of Blues.

I look forward to getting out golfing this weekend out here since I have the weekend off of work and my internship. The courses are mad busy out here and the rounds take a while because of that but you get to meet alot of people becuase you usually get paired up with other people.

I will keep everyone updated on my progress out here.



Cole Hendricks
Audio Engineer

No comments: