Sunday, July 6, 2008

Omaha is not a friend of indie bands

Hey there! Langen from Soup Bowl Records here. This past week was filled with more of the same booking and what not.

Deadlines keep on getting closer and closer for the Now, Now Every Children tour that I have been working on booking. It's getting closer to dates that we still don't have venues for so currently we are looking for ANYTHING including house shows. I thought that it might make it a little easier to book but it's just as hard to find some house shows and what not.

I have been trying to find some indie bands in the Omaha area to play a show with them at Box Awesome in Omaha but have had no luck. It seems like there are NO indie bands there that are popular at all which is kind of sad. I thought that Omaha would have a bigger scene than that. 

I'm thinking this week will be some more last minute dates for Now, Now Every Children. I have also started looking for venues in California for a future tour so that will probably continue. 

I wish we could go back to making posters haha. Not that I don't enjoy this, but it's getting very exhausting and frustrating. Welcome to the biz I guess.

Peace,
Langen

No comments: