Monday, July 21, 2008

Traci @ Key Club, LA-- Music Business: Where do I begin...?

Hey all!

So last week was crazy busy and by Tuesday it already felt like it should be Friday.  I don't even know how much I can remember, but I will try... for you.  

Monday was kind of slow at work, but I got to meet up with a good friend of Charley and Debbie's, Nancy Leiviska, who works across the street at Cube Vision in the 9000 building.  We took a midday stroll through a residential area near Sunset and chatted about our backgrounds a bit while trying to find Sammy Davis Jr's ex-wife's house (Nancy used to work with Sammy when she first got started with music).  We had so much fun we are made plans to make it a frequent thing, taking  walks when I get done in the afternoon.  

Tuesday was a little busier at work.  We had our Marketing Meeting a day earlier because Jerry Pressman, the club owner came in.  Then work resumed as usual.  I can't even remember what all I worked on, just that I stayed busy.  

Wednesday, more work (I enjoyed being busy this week, don't get me wrong... I just can't talk about some of the things I worked on because it involved a little espionage...).  Left at my normal time but was invited back to join in the red-carpet event of the evening.  Oooh.. Fancy!  We hosted  a charity event for The David Lynch Foundation including a silent auction and some bands.  I had a wild time trying to find a "date" last minute, but I pulled it off and managed to make myself look fabulous in 30 minutes in order to make my appearance for the night.  There were some indie film stars (no, not Indiana Jones... I got that a lot this week), although I really can't even remember their names... I recognized their faces but couldn't tell you anymore than that.  We didn't stay very long, but it was a great time while we were there.  

Thursday I did some follow-up for our Rock for MS event coming up on Wednesday with local art galleries that were invited.  I had made a database of the galleries and email invitations because the event features a rock & roll photographers and their work up for display and as part of another silent auction.  I have seen some of the photos and they are amazing, and include the iconic photo of Bob Dylan with the tire (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you should look it up.  Great photo).  

Friday was a casual day and was pretty laid back.  I finished up with the few galleries left to contact and did a little PR, but it was a pretty slow day.  The bus took a really long time to get back to Culver due to traffic, so after that I slipped into a pretty lazy night.  It was pretty refreshing actually after the crazy week I had.  

Saturday, Tim Bjorkman came over for a BBQ and relaxing catch-up session since we have been trying to schedule time to hang out, but due to the sometimes last-minute-opportunity style of the music business usually got changed around.  mmm...BBQ and sunshine...  Then he had to go and help out an artist friend/client of his for a performance and I boogied over to an Alumni house-warming party with John.  We had a lot of fun catching-up with our peers and hearing about their recent adventures.  The next soiree will be an afternoon pool-side at the Meadows.  

Today was a wind-down/gear-up day for the upcoming week.  I usually like to take Sundays to decompress and prepare myself for what's to come since one usually doesn't know what that will be and it is important to be able to take things as they come with as much energy as possible.  Positivity is the name of the game and we always need to steal away time to debunk.  

Oh, also, in there somewhere I spoke with a songwriter in OC about recording at least one song in the near future... looks like I may be able to fulfill my deal with Charley after all... :)

I hope you all have a great week and we'll chat soon! 

Peace,
Traci

No comments: