Sunday, July 20, 2008

Maurice Champion - Urban Network (Los Angels) - Music Business - Get Out!

This weekend I was able to observe more of California beautiful locations. My girl and I went to California Pizza Kitchen in Santa Monica. Before we actually went to the restaurant, someone was subconsciously raining on our parade by saying, “California Pizza Kitchen is cool but its very motif because you can buy everything they sell anywhere else”. Motif Huh! Dude who cares, we never been LOL. My perception of California Pizza Kitchen was this simple little spot that served pizza but when we arrived, that perception was promptly changed. It was a full dine in restaurant that was packed with people ordering. We waited approximately five (5) minutes before we were actually led to our table. The atmosphere of this place was amazing. I really enjoyed the feeling of being there. Some places just give off this good vibe and California Pizza Kitchen is one of them. We tried the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza that was cool but it didn’t give the feeling of wanting to buy it again. After the meal we decided to head to Santa Monica Pier which was right up the street on Ocean. We walked on the beach glazing at the Pacific Ocean while the children voices on the rides acted as background music for that specific scene LOL. Driving around Malibu was fun as well looking at different shops and homes.

I visited the Studio City and more of Beverly Hills. It was very intriguing being up there in the hills. I was just thinking how in Cali it’s two different worlds. You have those people that live in pits of the city that never seen Hollywood and they live in California. Also, you have those people that live on top of those hills that don’t realize the pits of the city exist. I guess we can call it the haves and have not’s. I’m glad I’ve been exposed to both because it one of those things that help balances you as a person. No too longer ago I was in Watts doing some film work for Flawless in the studio. This internship has been very beneficial to me on the business side and as a person. I can’t complain. It’s been too good!

No comments: