Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Maurice Champion - Urban Network (Los Angels) - Music Business -The Unreachable Becomes Reachable, The Unavailable Becomes Available...

What’s going on readers and supporters? You know when I deliver I give you something good every time. In that case, right now I’m giving you food for thought and it’s on you if you do the dishes. Last Friday on July 11th, 2008, I hoped out the car walking to Warner Bros. Records. As I’m walking, I’m briefly able see some of the background sets for the attracting tourists. As We (Flawless, Munya, Jason, and I) walked through the doors all you see is a long desk in the front with a couple of a Sreceptions and receptionist. There were two (2) sets of soft leather sofas and chairs sitting on white shag like carpet on both sides of the waiting room. The carpet was so soft I wanted to take off my Rockports (they’re comfortable) Lol. It’s funny because they (Warner Bros.) have these funky seventies (70’s) televisions on playing videos. While waiting on Kevin Black, the Office of The Chairman of Warner Bros, I just happen to look up at the entrance door viewing the Warner Bros, Reprise, Sire, Warner Nashville, and Nonesuch Records logos on the door. Here is a Brief history of Reprise Records. The label was started by Frank Sinatra and later sold to Warner Bros. with the help of Mo Austin, Frank’s accountant. (Back to the story) We were greeted by Kevin Black intern and then lead down the hall, through a door, down some stairs, through a door outside to another door that was the vicinity of Kevin’s office. After meeting with Kevin’s assistant, we waited in his office for him to come in. This was enough time for me to assimilate being at Warner Bros.. WHAT A DISTANCE I CAME!!!

I say that for this reason. Growing up in Detroit, MI isn’t the brightest city for seeking refuge through your dreams because your dreams are tainted by other people mess ups and the depression that’s giving off by others and so much other crap. If you’re in an environment like that, please believe that there is a brighter day but you must have faith that there is. Coming out to California and being exposed to these nice places and nice things has really open my eye’s allowing me to see that you can really have what it is you desire. A year ago I was in my mother’s basement praying to see nineteen because of what was going on outside of my home. Now I’m walking on top of the hills in Malibu looking over the Pacific Ocean. On the roof top of a beautiful hotel that overlook Hollywood. Dude I WAS IN HOLLYWOOD, MAN! Only with the help of God that this is possible but you must also work towards your dreams and goals as well. I know I haven’t “made” it yet, but I do know I’m not that far from achieving it. I look at situations like, “The cup is half way full not half way empty”. Continue to work and work and I promise you your rewards will be revealed to you. “The unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable becomes available…” (Stacy Charter).

1 comment:

The Funkadelic Relic said...

Maurice,

I live in Grand Rapids, MI. I'm over 50 years old and my big brother is one of Kevin Black's best friends. Delain Roberts and Black have a huge network in development right now. I'm sure you have knowledge of it @ http://www.myspace.com/talentzville . Check it out and sign up for a profile @ http://www.talentsville.ning.com and tell all your friends!

Peace,
"The Funkadelic Relic