Sunday, July 20, 2008

Langen- Soup Bowl- Minneapolis

This week was another thrilling week at Soup Bowl Records. Okay, so I'm lying, but it wasn't that bad.

It was another week full of booking. I'm still working on some Now, Now Every Children tour which is not going well. Apparently the band is getting mad that the dates are filled and a few had to be cancelled due to the venue. I wish they knew just how much work all of this really is. I hate how some bands take booking agents for granted. I've also run across this with my own company and it's really frustrating. I would rather work with bands that have tried to book their own tours before because then they know just how hard it is to book tours and to get everything going.

Ryan is letting me work on a whole new tour. It's for the band Dingus (www.myspace.com/dinguspunk) and it's in October which gives me plenty of time. I feel like this tour is more on me than the last ones because I will get everything finished with the venue. Before now I would send out the e-mails asking if the band could play and then once I got a positive response Ryan would kind of take over. This time it's all me which is exciting but extremely stressful. 

Well, that's all for now
Until next week...

Peace,
Langen

No comments: