Sunday, June 1, 2008

Maurice Champion - Urban Network (Los Angeles) - Music Business - 1ST PERFORMANCE IN LA AND MORE...

After being in LA for three (3) weeks, I've seen and done more things than people who've been here for months. By no means I am trying to downplay anyone by my last sentence, I'm just making a point that "I'm Blessed". Last Sunday (5/25/08) I did my first show in LA at the Desert Rose in North Hollywood and it was amazing. For one it was amazing because it was my first show in LA and I did my thang as the performer. Second, it was amazing because the audience responded to my performance with homage. My homie Flawless gave me a chance by suggesting I take his place on the bill (performance). To show appreciation to Flaw and the people at the venue for giving me the opportunity I made sure that I rocked the show. After my performance I was embraced by tons of handshakes and expressions of "Great Job" which inspired me to continue to make great music.

Last week the Nappy Roots (do your research on them) came through the office to play their new music from their up and coming album. I was kicking it with them and doing my networking thing. It's crazy because you forget the people you see on TV are actually real people. The next day I went to Can Am Studio's with Flaw. Brief history, Can Am Studio's was formerly the legendary Death Row Studio. Currently, it's the home of Dr. Dre and his staff producers and recording artists. While there I was introduced to Focus, one of Dr. Dre staff producers, and others. It was an erie feeling being there because 2Pac recorded in the same place that I just chilled in. It was a great experience being there.

THOUGHT TO REMEMBER

Manifest GREATNESS and GREATNESS will happen.

Til next time. Realize and Take It There

~ Champion, Maurice

No comments: