Monday, June 16, 2008

Evan gundlach- universal distribution- minneapolis, minnesota

Greetings again! This week at universal was definitely the best one so far. Little Wayne’s new CD Tha carter 3 dropped on Tuesday and that was my fist day. The first thing I heard when I walked in was “I can’t believe he might beat Kanye” so I knew everyone was going to be pretty excited. Its turns out that the numbers that they thought he was going to have were much lower so everyone was happy the record was doing well. I worked mostly on the album tracking data base in excel for most the day but I helped out on some other office things people didn’t have time for since it was such a big day. On Wednesday I was invited to a private performance by a solo acoustic artist that is signed to universal but I was unable to attend because the yellow jackets were having a clinic at McNally. Since I missed that I was going to go to his performance later that night at the varsity theater but I ended up having other things going on. On Thursday everyone had calmed down a little bit but they were still talking about the new releases. I learned about how they project record sales a lot better and then showed me some more in-depth things about the album tracking and I saw how the work I was doing was helping them with the new little Wayne album. Finally on Friday they didn’t have a music meeting but they had a corporate conference call and everyone got olive garden. Instead of listening in on the call I deiced to help let people in as they came and work on a really cool project. My project for Friday had to do with best buy and the new little Wayne album. I went through a sales sheet for all the best buys in the nation (which was about 950) and checked how many copies of the CD's they still had on stock. This helps them a bunch since they distribute the CD and need to know how well they are doing it. All and all it was a really fun week and as I said before I'm excited for next week. Ill check in next week,

-Evan Gundlach

No comments: