Monday, June 16, 2008

Fishies Like Record Stores

This week has been crazy for me. First off, an explanation as to why my post is late:

My hometown of Des Moines, Iowa got hit hardcore by floods. I took a last minute trip home in order to help out. My dad's house had about 4 feet of water in the basement along with other friends houses. What was worse was the old record shop that I used to work at called ZZZs Records. There were 7 feet of water in the basement where we kept a lot of vinyl and that's before the water even crested. I had to help my boss move all the vinyl and CDs from the first floor up to the attic and then help salvage what we could from the basement. In the process, I saved about 4 big fish and released them back into the river. After helping out the record store as much as I could I made sandbags for over 23 hours and helped the community. Amidst all of this, I had no time to write a blog about the internship and I apologize but at the time it was not the first thing in my mind.

But.... when I was at internship this week, I helped book some more show for Now Now Every Children. Their tour is coming up in July so it's becoming crunch time to get all the dates booked. I have decided that North Dakota and South Dakota have zero venues in them and that has made it extremely hard to book there. I am almost getting so desperate to book these shows that I would put them at a house show or something.

On top of the booking I have been helping add some local bands on each show like I have been in the past. 

This week I will be missing my internship on Tuesday because I will still be in Iowa at the time but I assume that on Wednesday I will just be booking some more. 

Peace,
Langen

No comments: