Sunday, June 8, 2008

'Bring me all the finest meats and cheeses in the land'

Christina here,

This week has been exciting in the world of Soup Bowl Records. Though I was stuck with the wonderful job of looking up existing businesses to see if the address we had was the right one. That job took a while, only because I about 4 excel documents to go through. I'm not complaining it did take up most of my time that day. I also got to send out tons of blog emails like I did last week. It was the same message, and to the same people but just different days.

I have to send out blog emails for Dingus(www.myspace.com/dinguspunk) and The Z-MO Trio(www.myspace.com/thezmotrio) a three piece band created by our own students. The emails usually just tell about their upcoming tour dates and where they are playing at. It also tells the reader about their new singles and how they can check them out.

I don't mind really sending out the emails or looking up addresses, it keeps me busy and I'm just experiencing the other side of a record label instead of booking shows, routing tours, or making posters(which I would love to do once again and probably will sometime soon). Ryan is just showing Langen(roommate and fellow intern) the whole record label life. It's great, I love it and who knows what I'll be doing next week.

I could be sending out more emails or making labels or maybe I'll get to look up more addresses to make sure they are still in business. I will only figure out that answer to that question when I head in to the week. Till next week you'll have to be on your toes to find out what I did during this upcoming week.

-Christina

No comments: