Monday, June 23, 2008

Evan Gundlach, Universal, Music business, Twin citys

Greetings again! Well this week was just about as eventful as the last. Over last weekend someone broke into the office building and stole three laptops. This was a huge problem since many of the computers were being taken up but it let me do some other things around the office. I did a lot of work in the mailroom this time delivering packages and helping send things out. This was nice because I actually got to meet a lot more people in the office and I got to know a lot more about what other people do. On Tuesday I got two tickets to the jack Johnson at Apple River in Wisconsin. I was really excited because I didn’t think I was going to get a ticket since they are in such high demand. The concert was great and I had a great time. On Thursday some of the laptops came in so more computers opened up. I worked on an artist appearance data base. This is where we look at an artist that has had a live performance and we enter information into the data base about it. After this we look at there record sales for the following weeks after the performance. Once you get all this information then you can see if there is a lift in the CD sales. Certain shows give artists more of a lift and those are the shows universal wants to put their artists on. On Friday about half of the office was gone so there wasn’t a music meeting. It was a really slow quite day and I actually left about an hour early. I worked on more artist appearances and some of the album tracking database and it was a really nice way to end the week. Week 3 was a great one and I hope week 4 is even better. Talk to you next time.

-Evan Gundlach

No comments: