Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Going Fast

My past few weeks at The Firm have been great, but just for the readers sake, I will only talk about my last week or so.

My last week started out good, I was able to cover a desk for one of a managers assistants. For a few hours on Monday, and then for almost the entire day on Tuesday. Being able to cover a desk for an assistant has got to be one of the more rewarding experiences at The Firm. It gives you the chance to be up close with what managers are doing, giving the opportunity to learn the business from experience. While I was covering the desk, on Tuesday, Cameron Diaz came in the office. I thought it was a trip just seeing her in person, she even said hi.

The week was also filled with many runs. I was able to get quite a bit of exercise, especially during the latter part of the week. There was a point in which I was going on multiple runs on one single trip (I was running out for a couple of different things at once), which definitely kept me on my toes.

I closed out the week on Saturday by attending the Playboy Jazz Festival (thanks to free tickets from Traci) with Traci and McNally alum Tim Bjorkman. Most of the music was great, especially towards the end. Bill Cosby was the host, which was a great surprise. I just wish it had been cooler outside, then he would've been able to wear one of his Cosby sweaters. It was hot during the beginning of the festival, around 2:30, but around 7 or 7:30 it started to cool down quite a bit.

Today, I was able to cover the same desk I covered last week twice for the entire day. While I was doing that, I was also able to help Snoop Dogg's tour manager secure vans at each venue on Snoop's upcoming tour with 311. Something that I definitely had fun doing. I was able to talk to a lot of different promoters across the country, something that not everyone is able to do. I certainly hope that I'll be able to do similar tasks throughout the summer.

So far this summer has gone by very fast, I can only hope it slows down a little bit to catch up with it. Last week was another good learning experience, and I hope this week goes just as well.

P.S. Apparently Snoop thinks I sound like Barry White.

No comments: