Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Day At Alan Ett


Hey,

Since starting with Alan Ett, there has not been a day where I don't learn something new.

For example, today I sat in with one of their sound editors as he worked on a segment for Disney and then a television show for the History Channel. The people their really know what they are doing. It is impressive to see how fast they work. One of the things I noticed was "quick keys". Using mostly keystrokes and less mouse really speeds up what they are doing.


Yesterday I had a great opportunity. I was allowed to pick out music for a commercial that will be airing in Canada. I was told what they company was looking for and given a library to check out. After I had several cues picked out, I met with the music supervisor and we went through my list. He showed me some he picked out and there was one we both picked and really agreed upon. So that one and some other cues were sent to the company in Canada. I'm not sure which one the company will go with, but it was great to be involved in that way.


Until next time,

Nick
P.S. That picture is Joel and I at the Bob Dylan exhibit from the other weekend.

No comments: