Sunday, June 8, 2008

Contracts Create Headaches

Hey! 

Langen reporting from Soup Bowl records. This week has been crazy for me. 

I'm still working on booking some dates for the bands Dingus, Now Now Every Children and A Night In The Box. Also I have been working on finding some local bands to play various shows that the label is putting on. I have filled up a few dates with locals but there are always more that need to be done.

Ryan, my boss has been teaching Christina (my roommate and fellow intern) and I how to register a company with the state because she and I run our own company called Distractions (www.myspace.com/distractionsinc). We hope to have it all done by next week.

Ryan has also been helping a lot with an outside project. Distractions recently got an offer to book the band The Wedding on a pre existing show. Personally, I love The Wedding so I didn't want to pass this up. It's also through a huge management firm called APA. At first I didn't think it would be that complicated but then we got deep in contracts and guarantees and demands from the band. Ryan has been helping me negotiate the contract and what not and I'm pretty sure the show is going to happen which is exciting!

This week will probably be full of booking and looking for locals again. Hopefully I will get some more shows booked and almost all of them full. I have decided that California is the hardest place to book right now. 

That's it from me this week.

Peace
~Langen


No comments: