Sunday, June 15, 2008

Traci @ Key Club, LA-- Music Business: Short and sweet

Hey all,

So this week's blog is gonna be short and to the point as I have the head into work soon.  I can maybe drop an extra early next week for photos and what-not.  

Last week I got really busy with Key Club in helping to go through and rate the demos that come in for consideration.  I also did some research for support groups for a few of the shows we have coming up.  I really can't go into detail here, sorry.  It was a different experience, to say the least.  I really enjoyed it... and hey, I got to keep the t-shirts.  Late in the week my mom and her friend road-tripped to bring out my car and visit for the weekend.  We found out Toi is GREAT thai food (on Sunset), and it is easy to waste an entire day at the beach when its sunny.  

This week at the internship was pretty much business as usual: couple jumbotrons, marketing meeting, and PR.  As the time for businesses to think about holiday parties draws near though, its about the time that we send out a little gift box with information about whom to contact, and why they should use our club.  So I got to pack those up, which actually wasn't bad.  I kinda like wrapping presents.  

On Friday, one of my mentors that used to work for the Playboy Corporate offices, generously gave me her tickets for the Playboy Jazz Festival on Saturday which included 4 great seats, 2 VIP passes into the press room, and a parking pass.  John, Tim (Bjorkman), and I went (as well as Tim's colleague, Justin) and had a great time.  It was a very memorable day.  Thanks go out to Kerry for giving us her tickets.  

That's all I can give you for now, the sold out Fratellis show, Key Club box office demands me.  Don't stress out too much waiting for me to fill you in.  

Peace :)
Traci

No comments: