Monday, June 2, 2008

Do you need a bowl for that soup?

Christina here,
First blog on here, so I'll just give you all a little insight into my internship and all the stuff that I do. Well I'm a 3rd semester student at McNally Smith, I came here in the fall of 2007 from the good old state of Iowa. I'm currently interning at Soup Bowl Records, the independent record label that is own and run by McNally students.

I do a ton of things at my internship. Just last week I had to send out blog emails to a huge list of blogs so they could know about the tours that the artists are going on. I had to look for locals to play on the shows that are already confirmed. It's a bit time consuming but it's still fun.

I've had to make posters, well I had to write on them which was a bit of fun. I really loved doing that maybe just because I didn't have to stare at a computer screen for hours on end; who knows. I've had to put labels on envelopes and look up the address of promoters in towns the tours are hitting. I've also had to email venues about shows for upcoming months.

All in all so far I've enjoyed everything I have done. My boss is amazing, he is just a nice guy, so much fun to work with. I know that many more exciting things are in store for me and I can't wait to find out what they are. I'll end the blog for now and catch back up with you all later.
Christina

No comments: