Monday, June 23, 2008

Nick Garrison - A.E.M.G. - L.A.

Hello again from sunny California, and by sunny, I mean hot. The weather today was around 110 degrees in the valley.
This past week at Alan Ett I was able to sit in on more sound and dialogue editing for different television shows. It's been really interesting to see how the shows are sent to them from the production companies and how certain sounds are added and dialogue cleaned up to enhance shows. Little things that aren't noticed by the normal television watcher add a lot to the show. You would certainly notice if certain room noises were left out, but their subtly when added in makes the show sound so much different. And believe me, I have now seen a show both ways.

Other than that, not too much went on this week. I caught a little cold that was going around the office, which caused me to go home sick on Monday.

One last thing, I did go check out a church service here at a place called Mosaic I had heard about. They have podcasts and deal with different media outlets and after chatting with some of the production staff, I was invited to come out early next Sunday to observe how they set up their equipment and different things they do behind the scenes.

Take care,
Nick

No comments: