Saturday, June 21, 2008

Let's Get Down To Business

So, now that the floods have calmed down and the water has gone down back in my hometown. I was finally able to actually spend some time on working for Soup Bowl.

This week I had to create a spreadsheet with information about different radio stations across the country. I had one site that had links to a bunch of different radio stations and I had to go to each radio stations website and find various information like the call number, address, contact, blah blah blah. Needless to say, I did it for over three hours in a row and am no where near being done. I assume that's what I'll be finishing majority of this week.

Ryan mentioned something about writing his own rider for his contract that goes between the company, the bands, and the venues. I hope that I can help him do it since I think Distractions (my company) will be needing a better, more professional contract.

I kind of think that my internship has become more and more intertwined with my company. Distractions had our first major show the other night. We had worked out a deal with the band The Wedding and it involved this very complicated contract and some really big jerks from a major booking and management firm. I think I mentioned before, but Ryan had been helping me out with negotaitions between me and the management firm. I was really worried that the show wasn't going to go well considering the flood that was going on in Des Moines, Iowa and I knew that I needed at least 70 people in there to break even with my half of the guarantee that I paid in advance. It ended up that 68 people showed up and I was able to pay myself back but couldn't pay any of the local bands that opened for The Wedding. Long story short, I'm glad I did the show, I think it was great experience and that the connection I got with this big management firm could be really good for me.

That's all for now. Talk to you all next week!
Peace
~Langen

No comments: