Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Recording Academy (GRAMMY) Atlanta Chapter: Producers and Engineers Wing

Ok, A couple of weeks ago, Kim Smith (one of my bosses) asked me if I'd like to attend a Grammy meeting that was being held by the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences.  Of course I said yeah, so I've been waiting to go to this event for the last 2 weeks...............
Soooooooooo, today I did not go into the studio because I was attending this event.  It was only from 7pm to 10pm which was good because it was a pretty brief event.  Six o clock came around and I was heading out the door until my mom stopped me and told me that I should dress up.  DRESS UP?  I looked at her like she was crazy.  I told her that these were producers and engineers..... not doctors and lawyers.  She doesn't understand that these folks wear Budweiser shirts EV-ER-Y-DAY!!!
I drove there, fending off Atlanta traffic, and pulled in at 6:30; which allowed me to have an option of where I'd like to park.  I went in and sat in the lobby until seven o clock.  At seven, I went to the front door, they checked my name off ( as if I were VIP) and I walked right in.  I went straight for the food and "beverages".  After stuffing myself silly with quesadillas and coke, enough people had come in for me to do a little networking.  While making my rounds, I continued to see this woman who looked so familiar to me, however, I just could not put my finger on where I might have known her from.  But nonetheless, I met so many people it was ridiculous.  So many people invited me out to come check out there studios and/or to collaborate on some projects.  And these are guys with huge studios that anybody's whose anybody records at.  I was so overjoyed by the end of the night that I........ I don't even know!!!!   So, anyway, I was leaving out the door, I saw that lady again that looked SOO familiar to me.  It had been bothering me all night so I went up to her and told her that she looked so familiar.  She told me that I also looked VERY familiar.  To make a long story short.  She is the freaking PRESIDENT of The National Recording Academy: Atlanta Chapter and I knew her because her daughter and my little sister go to the same acting school.  This was just unbelievable.  We chit chatted for about fifteen minutes and she gave me her card and made me promise that I'd send her my information (since I didn't have any business cards----- I'm going to get some TOMORROW), and also made me promise that my mom would bring my sister over her house to hang out with her daughter.  
It just feels like I'm walking on the exact path that has been paved out for me.  It's just crazy to me because everybody says that things never happen that easily.  So when it does just fall into place like that, you begin to second guess yourself because you are like no, no, no, wait a minute.  This can not be right!  But what if it is???!!!??!!    

No comments: